Our Round the World Itinerary

Yellow = Where we are | Red = Plan to visit | Green = Already visited

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Paris... Better Late then Never

Hi All,
We all know that I am not the computer crazed person in our relationship, so when ever there we have the opportunity for some computer time I let Ryan have a go first. The problem however is he gets so wrapped up into it by the time he is ready for me to have a go our time has run out. Now we are in SA and Ryan has gotten his fill and I know have time to complete my thoughts on Paris. I love my husband dearly, but after reviewing our blogs I noticed his are a little dry for my tastes.

We have had a blast in Paris. 1st day we went to
Notre Dame and walked around the Latin Quarter.  At night as you all know from Ryan, we did a Segway tour.  However he left out one funny detail. Guess who fell. Even though I am the clumsy one I did not fall. The segway was a little odd at first but I got the hang of it quickly and was zipping around in no time. Ryan however, had a minor dust out which hurt his pride more than anything.  He was talking smack saying I am a clutz and he is the multi talented snow boarder. Anyways, he bounced back real quick and was more worried about losing the deposit he put on the segway more than anything, but no damage so no worries  The 2nd day we went to Versailles.  It was nice but NOTHING compared to Peterhoff just out side of St. Petersberg.  The 3rd day we went to all of the museums, the Louvre, the d'orsey, and the Pompidu.  The Louvre was boring and old fashion, the pompidu had an architecture exhibit which was great and a few interesting exhibits, but for the most part was a little too odd for our tastes.  The d'orsey was fabulous, some of the best most complete impressionist collections on Earth.  The 4th day we went to the Eiffel Tower.  Anyone going to the Eiffel Tower should get off the Trocard metro station, it is not the metro station in all the guide books or on all the maps, but it lets you off right across the Seine on top of a hill with an amazing view.  It is just a short walk (3-7 min.) right across the bridge and then you are there.  After that, we went to the arc d'triumph and then did some window shopping on the champs-elysees.  I got to go in all fun shops and even better Ryan was kept entertained because allot of the major car companies have shops on the street too. It is a little wired walking out of louis vuitton and going right into Toyota next, but it was great.  The car shops, yes I will admit it, were fun for me too. They had concept cars you could touch and formula one simulators. The last day we went to Sacra Coeur, Montmartre, and the moulin rouge.  The view from Sacre Coeur,  a beautiful old church on the highest hill in Paris, was amazing, and the artist square in Montmartre was fun.

I love Paris!   It is one of my favorite places, and what made it even better was showing Ryan all around like a local.

Well bye for now,D
Digg this

2 comments:

tza said...

omg we all had you pegged for falling off the segway... never would have figured ryan too...

nice...

later tater

Amanda Bequette said...

Danielle-
I miss you guys! I loved your story and completely agree with you with regards to your museum review. Matt will be in Paris next week, and I told him if he only has time for one museum, skip the Louvre and go to D'Orsay-fabulous! We missed you at bookclub, but it looks like the two of you are having an incredible time. See you in a few months! Keep up the blogs. I love reading about your adventures! Also, happy early b-day!
-Amanda